close up of hands doing a Google search on iPad

Which Search Engine Should You Optimize For?

ArticlesWhich Search Engine Should You Optimize For?

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a vital piece of the modern marketing puzzle. It’s a MUST for any business looking to survive the current storm of social distancing and shelter-at-home orders.

If you are new to the SEO scene, a business owner who’d like to tackle SEO yourself, or a student of SEO fundamentals, you might think that Google is the only search engine you need to optimize for. While we would agree that Google should be at the top of your list, we want to introduce you to a few search engines you also need to take into consideration.

Google – The Leader of the SEO Landscape

As of September 2019, Google remains the most-used search engine in the world, boasting more than 81% of global search traffic. That’s why most SEO practices focus on Google’s page ranking criteria first and foremost.

While 81% is a tremendous share of search engine traffic, it still leaves roughly 19% of the searches being performed elsewhere. So, while it makes perfect sense to focus on Google’s SEO requirements, you shouldn’t completely disregard other search engines!

Where Are Other Searches Being Performed?

There are hundreds of other search engines! Excite, Yahoo!, AOL Search, (formerly Ask Jeeves), to name a few. After Google, the next five most significant players in the game (as of September 2019) are:

  • Bing
  • Baidu
  • Yahoo!
  • Yandex
  • and DuckDuckGo

You should know that search engines continually crawl each other for results. Each search engine has its unique criteria, but if your website ranks well in one, it will often rank well in others for the same keywords. But search engine criteria are proprietary, so you won’t always see page rankings that mirror each other exactly.

Our experienced team specializes in SEO services to make your website rank well on Google and other search engines. Our process is designed to help you achieve the terrific rankings and outstanding conversion traffic rates that will take your business to the top during these interesting times. If you understand the importance of SEO for your business and you’re ready to talk with experienced SEO professionals, contact us today!

We're excited to help you!

  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Related Articles